Momentary Wooziness

India

:) I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences as I am having today and have had on and off for a while. It usually occurs while I am sitting down but beyond that, it is hard to explain. Out of the blue my head feels momentarily weird, almost as if it is about to fall sideways or I am about to suddenly faint. I don't get tunnel vision or blackness, it's almost like a sudden and momentary jolt in my head. I then feel very shaky, my palms and feet sweat, I feel light-headed and this sometimes just lasts for a few minutes, often for hours. It's happened to me twice today--usually it happens a couple of times a month. And both times it happened after a prolonged period of sitting. I've had an brain MRI and MRA recently and nothing turned up. So is this just a potsy symptom? I'm thinking it may be just a brief drop in BP. Each time I think it is a prelude to losing consciousness but it hasn't led to this yet. My dizziness has been much better recently--since I started on Florinef, in fact. But I do not feel at all well at the moment.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

India

:) Thanks Lauren,

I too was dizzy a lot before the florinef and I had these momentary spells before that medication was prescribedtoo. So I don't think it is a side-effect of the medication. I am used to feeling light-headed for prolonged periods, but it's this momentary swooning that has me worried.

India

I know what you are decribing as I used to get that at my (sitting) job before I knew what was the matter with me. It felt like I was passing out for a second.

Then the adrenaline rush would start soon after to compensate for the change in blood pressure. I never could figure out what was going on with me and I never fainted. I just figured that I always had weird symptoms and I always would.

I've spent most of my life having weird symptoms that nobody else in my family understood. After a while, I quit talking about most of them and I decided that I was a neurotic, anxious person, for lack of a better explanation. (Who wouldn't be neurotic with their body behaving in an unexplainable fashion?)

I'm really grateful for this forum and to know there are others out there who live with diverse symptoms on a routine basis.

Anyhow, I think that any vertical stationary posture, including sitting, causes symptoms in me. Fun, huh? :)

I can it a brain whiz. I am just sitting there and all of a sudden I feel weird in the head like something whizzed right through my brain and stunned me on the way through. BLAM! It happens sometimes when I am sitting at the high stool at my kitchen counter and I react by grabbing the counter and leaning way over it so I don't fall off the stool on to the floor...this has never happened. The stunned feeling doesn't last long--a matter of seconds at most. I feel most relieved when it passes.

I also have another kind of brain thing when I feel suddenly dizzy. This can happen when I am walking down the street and it feels like suddenly someone jerked the pavement. I think this kind may be more of a vertigo. This one makes me want to get down and lie on the floor and even then, I think I will fall. It can last for several minutes.

Michigan Jan