Dealing with new scary diagnoses

MaineDoug

I know that most of you out there have had the experience of getting new and scary diagnoses, for most of us several I assume. 

How do YOU deal with these situations? 
What’s helped? 
What hasn’t? 
Any other tips? 

I find that exercise, education, family, and friends help. Also Yoga, Meditation, Chanting, and Prayer. 

🙏 

1 hour ago, MaineDoug said:

I know that most of you out there have had the experience of getting new and scary diagnoses, for most of us several I assume. 

How do YOU deal with these situations? 
What’s helped? 
What hasn’t? 
Any other tips? 

I find that exercise, education, family, and friends help. Also Yoga, Meditation, Chanting, and Prayer. 

🙏

well all i can say is to look into your inner self. hardest thing i have had to do was open heart surgery and my carotid endarterectomy both could have been life changing.

Rest well just the way it is and learned to accept and adapt. life is good and still has stuff to offer. Yes exercise is one that helps for sure...and being able to compare notes as well as reaching out to support groups.  

Thanks so much guys! Rough morning and this helped! 

I intend to fight the good fight! I’m already doing 4 hours/day of self care, meditation, yoga, CHOP, nutrition, and I’m only just starting! 👍🌈☯️