Is this good news or one more let down. I am still hoping

MikeO

well my Cardiologist did get stuck with this for sure. I know he is not happy with the faint team and did say it outright with last week's meeting. He does have pull at UWM. More to the story coming.

Notes below. i just hope that froedtert still will see someone like me.

referal.jpg.604a75ceda8a274f08f4372a96b4af4d.jpg

Well i am going with one more let down for now. I waited a week to hear back from Cardiology's referral to froedtert so i reached out and got a simple message that my PCP will do the referral with no explanation. I soo feel like i keep getting passed around. Sure my primary will discuss next month when i go in.

I did fire my faint clinic for not doing their job. if all they can offer is tell you that you are orthostatic (which i already knew for years) and to drink more water sigh, well so be it, not very helpful. i just need answers and some help if it can be done.

@Pistol

@MikeO referrals take time, unfortunately. I would call the nurse that takes care of referrals at your PCP's office and check if she is already working on it. In this process it is all about communication, so I hope your cardiologist that mentioned the referral has also let your PCP know!

@Pistolmy PCP office has been in contact. Again not sure why i am tossed around but my PCP did not request to do the referral. I know there is some animosity between providers. for sure Mayo will not take a direct referral from UWM citing they need to learn this stuff (and they know it) and the first time i did talk to Froedtert they pointed me right back to UW.

While Froedtert does not have a dys clinic they do have a state of the art autonomic testing facility and two docs that work with autonomic dysfunctions. just hoping for some help.

Best,

Mike  

well one more let down. finally got a call from Froedtert and again they cited they do not have a dysautonomic clinic and when i pressed the response the gal did say they do testing and referred me back to the referring clinic. 

Too much. so i fired back at my PCP. will see where this goes.  

My PCP has one more gal working on this. she has been in contact with Froedtert and there is a process to be seen which is being pre diagnosed via tilt table which i have done twice and was revealing. she has been in contact with Dr Figueroa's office to get thru the process.

All i can say is do not use the blind term dysautonomia and use autonomic dysfunction. sure there is more to my story coming.

@MikeO, what a bureaucratic nightmare for you. I sometimes wonder where helpfulness has gone in this world. When they got the referral, would it have killed them to send a form letter to the provider explaining the process to being seen? I suppose they get so many referrals that they want them to fail. But still …

I have been dealing with some govt departments recently and have found that at every stage the staff will outright lie to try to get rid of people. Often their efforts to get rid of me take more time and emails than just dealing with my enquiry!

I do hope it works out for you.

@Sarah Teethere is help still in WI that much i know (contrary to what i was told). but i will never get why providers like the faint and fall clinic put their heads in the sand. drink more water and squeeze your butt when standing right? I will keep pushing to get help. what still gets me is some of the doc's write papers as to autonomic dysfunction and one in particular started the faint clinic yet they do not practice what they preach. Too Much.

more coming   

@MikeO, you are a fighter.

In Australia we have a phrase “Keep the b*stards honest”. It was coined by a politician – a good one! – who headed a small party that would fight for social justice, reform, etc. and try to expose wrongdoing on either side of politics. I think we patients have all had to do a bit of that in our lives.

I do hope you get somewhere.