Here this is Why I Have Been Pushing Back at My Care Team - They are Well Aware of AUD but Still Data Gets Pushed Off

MikeO

The Autonomic Nervous System to me is the least understood system in the entire medical profession. I think doctors would have to re-write a lot of research and restructure a lot of education once they understood it. I just don't think they want to address it. 

14 hours ago, Macho319 said:

The Autonomic Nervous System to me is the least understood system in the entire medical profession. I think doctors would have to re-write a lot of research and restructure a lot of education once they understood it. I just don't think they want to address it. 

Well what upsets me is that this NIH paper was written by the director and a DO from my faint clinic and the director of Nero yet they do no testing outside of tilt table tests and only screen for cardiac issues i.e arrhythmias. They don't even test for the plasma norepinephrine which is telling for HPOTS folks.

I had always questioned them and my Endo even mentioned that OH is symptom of what? My Endo did go on to cite that a transient dysfunctional ANS can really mess with organs and may have a hand in my DM and GI issues so in my mind it would be relevant to at least know what part of my ANS is mis firing. For now both the Endo and my PCP both agree insulin would be better suited for me but won't prescribe it cause of my transient vitals as they worry it will cause low BG at times.

So for now i have to go down another rabbit hole and see a Gastro (sure it won't hurt) just in case there is an issue with the liver or pancreas but i doubt find a whole lot.