Well Just Shoot - Chronic Pancreatitis is This a Dysautonomia Symptom?

MikeO

24 minutes ago, MaineDoug said:

I’m hoping that the weight loss and exercise will help lower it. 

Exercise and weight loss will help with insulin resistance. Diet is a bit of a balance with most folks. Best i can tell you is to eat your leafy veggies and proteins first then the starchy veggies and carbs after makes a difference in the blood glucose spikes.

watch the morning pure carb meals. these are the toughest on the body.  

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@MikeO,

I may have forgotten to mention that I’m edentulous! 😂

The long term prednisone caused all of my teeth to break apart, become abscessed and require urgent removal over the last four years. Then I had surgical removal of large Tori on each quadrant. That didn’t go well as I became infected multiple times, breaking through first and second line antibiotics, leading to more surgeries and rugged bumpy conditions. This has prevented dentures. So my dietary choices have been limited!

Fortunately the situation is stabilizing and dentures may be possible next year. My wife does an incredible job of researching and creating meals for me. 

Thanks for the tips! I’ll pass them on to my chef! 

Did you get referred to a dietitian after your GI diagnoses? I’m planning on requesting this after I recover from my hip! 

Good health, fortune and sleep! 

6 hours ago, MaineDoug said:

Did you get referred to a dietitian after your GI diagnoses?

No i have not asked for a consultation with a dietitian. i did see one for my diabetes at the local hospital, she was a very dismissive type person that would probably just step over you while having a heart attack at the clinic.

Doc will be bring up food at my next visit. i will see where that goes when we talk.