tilt test

terry suttles

I just got back with my 25 year old daughter who has had orthostatic intolerance for 5 years. Her bp without flournef is 70/50 with 4 mcg of flournef it is 117/64. She had a tilt table test today and her bp was 114/64 after Dr Khurana lifted the table it shot up to 180 and set off the alarms. Any ideas???Thankks I am so worried about her....anyone know Khurana.

Hi Terry;

I am glad that the florinef had some possitive results with a bp going from 70/50 to 114/64. I'm sorry, I have not had any experiences of a raised bp nor have I been on florinef. But, has Dr. Khurana explained why this happened? My guess would be if it were extremely rare and dangerous the doctor would have done something right then and there or not let her go home. The doctor should have explained why this happened.

Stay hopeful and positive! It sounds like you are on the right track. Take care!

KathyP :)

Hi Terry,

My BP also went up on my tilt test, but I was not on any meds. It eventually dropped at about 25 minutes. Did they say what her heart rate was or did they give you a diagnosis? I am figuring you probably have some type of follow up appointment with the doc where you will get some additional info. Meanwhile, don't worry too much, like Kathy said, if it was something terrible, they would have intervened right then.

[ I am not quite sure how to do this. She is fine tonight. I guess it just scared me. We have been through so much. Everytime she has a period it is just **** on terrible for her. She takes a bunch of nutritional suppliments and for several years lived a life that was semi notmal but now she can't work and she doesn't do much at all. The endo Khurana sent us to wants to give her this birth control pill that stops her period. It terrifies me since her grandmother and 3 of her sisters had breast cancer. I am going to contact her diagnosising dr and talk to her about testosterone and estrogen. She is already on prometrium. The progesterone was a God sent. Helped her sleep and stablized her Bp.

Blessings to you all

hi terry -

first, welcome! i'm pretty wiped at the moment so can write more later (probably not until the weekend), but i'm 25 myself & have seen dr. khurana (just moved from baltimore) as well as the endo he refers to. i'd be happy to PM/email more with you about things specific to the docs, esp. since i'm the exact age as your daughter:-) we're all different but i take fairly continuous birth control b/c of having had horrible problems around my periods too & this was a really good move for me. before my past year of symptoms escalating, it was part of my med combo that had me doing really well for some time. i too have breast cancer in my family but have not found the docs to be too concerned about this other than being watchful. i take a low dose pill & it helped my blackouts so much that the slightly increased risks are definitely overshadowed, particularly when i think about the fact that i had to have spine surgery as a result of an injury from a black out several years ago!

again, welcome. there is a lot of good info on the site to peruse as well as super support.

:angry: melissa