Getting back on track after sleep disruption

Sarah Tee

I tried a new medication and of course got quite sick for a couple of days. It threw off my sleep cycle and I am struggling to get back on track.

Any suggestions?

(I have tried a couple of types of sleeping tablets as a means to get back on schedule other times when this has happened, but I ended up dopey and dozing all through the next day.)

@Pistol, that’s a good idea about the white noise. I use a fan but I should get proper white noise organised.

I have temporarily given up on sleeping at the right time and am just sleeping when I can. When I feel a bit better I will try to get back into a good rhythm.

I am gradually improving but it’s taking a while.

What do you like to read?

4 hours ago, Sarah Tee said:

What do you like to read?

Good question ... I pretty much read several books at a time. I love a good novel, especially historical fiction. Then there is the bible as well as other spiritual books, news paper .. it all depends on what I feel like at the moment. To go to sleep I usually choose a novel, puts me out like a light, unless it is a really good one ...

5 hours ago, Sarah Tee said:

@MikeO, I listen to podcasts or BBC radio programs, interviews, comedy quizzes, etc. I sometimes dream that I am in a quiz or interviewing a famous scientist!

Are these old radio serials that you listen to?

No more like  Superman, X-Minus One, Tarzan, Philip Marlowe, Gunsmoke, Jack Benny and many more CBS Radio Mystery Theater, Suspense. Google streaming old time radio you will plenty out on the net.