Power Of Exercise

MikeO

Just wanted to share the effect 30 mins of exercise has on BG levels.

Started diabetes boot camp yesterday. Part of the program includes 30 mins of exercise.

So started the session off at 229 and post session came down to 137.

The trainer also mentioned that the exercise benefit would last a number of hours and it did. later in the day i was only 133.

powerof.jpg.9cc2015501f30b72cf6c5978e4ebdaaf.jpg

38 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Malaise is a big word for me Haha...Does take me a few minutes to recover. Hope that helps!

PEM is delayed (a day or two later) and more like “being sick” than being tired. It is a real bugaboo for those of us who get it as it is so hard to know if you have gone over your limit when you are actually exercising or exerting in other ways. You find out the next morning when the freight train hits!

52 minutes ago, Sushi said:

PEM is delayed (a day or two later) and more like “being sick” than being tired. It is a real bugaboo for those of us who get it as it is so hard to know if you have gone over your limit when you are actually exercising or exerting in other ways. You find out the next morning when the freight train hits!

Been here as well. One step at a time right?