Seriously Losing Hope In Recovery

bblassmith

I am about a month and a half into the CHOP protocol. I started the first month strong but but these past 2 weeks have been bad. Even though I did not feel good during the first half of the CHOP protocol I still pushed through. These past 2 weeks it has been hard for me to push through. I don't tend to suffer these "pots crashes" where afterwards, I hear patients get very fatigued and exhausted. Instead,  whenever I complete a workout session, I get poor quality sleep that night (my sleep is already poor without exercising). I will also stay hot and sweat through my sheets. I have now obtained a new symptom which is my mouth now gets extremely dry 16 hours after the workout session is complete. This symptom does not go away no matter how much water I drink and it makes it that much more difficult to fall asleep when your mouth is very dry. I wish I can say I have noticed improvements but I have not yet and the worsening of symptoms is making it harder to move forward. I feel really hopeless right now. I'm fighting to get better but part of me wonders if these workouts are even going to amount to any recovery for me.  DOes anyone experience similar symptoms? 

38 minutes ago, bblassmith said:

I have now obtained a new symptom which is my mouth now gets extremely dry 16 hours after the workout session is complete. This symptom does not go away no matter how much water I drink and it makes it that much more difficult to fall asleep when your mouth is very dry.

Have you considered changing the time you do your work outs? Have you considered if maybe it is any meds you take that might cause the dry mouth? There are also gums, lozenges and medications you can take for dry mouth, even natural OTC ones ( I have not personally had the need to try any of them ). 

All I take is a beta blocker at the moment (nadolol 40mgs). I've been on Nadolol for a few years and I have never gotten this side effect from it before.  The dry mouth really started to come on during the 4th week of the exercise protocol and I think it has to do with an overactive sympathetic nervous system but that is just my guess. I exercise around 1pm. I guess I need to start going to the gym even earlier then that. I don't know if that will be much of a help. Right now I will probably take a week of from exercise and see how I feel the following week.