POTS flare from medication supplier change?

Pistol

I take generic Diltiazem ER for hyperadrenergic POTS for many years and the pharmacy I use deals with two different suppliers. A week ago I completely ran out of it on a weekend and needed to use a different pharmacy, who filled the prescription from a different supplier. The caps are a different color and size than the ones I usually take but the same strength. 

I have been taking the new ones for a week and it feels as if I am not taking any at all, which has caused me to flare. Bp is up, HR is fast. I have PVC's ( which have been pretty much absent for years ) and my feet are ice cold ( caused by the excessive vasoconstriction ). I also have a lot of chest pain. All of these symptoms are normally controlled by the Diltiazem. 

Does anyone else ever experience a difference in medications from different suppliers? I am wondering if I should from now on only request the suppliers that I know have helped me? 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Does anyone else ever experience a difference in medications from different suppliers?

I am going to have to say yes. I used to get my meds from Shopko when they were still open and they would run out of the regular brand meds from time to time and would substitute with some other supplier -s and i would swear i would notice that i would not feel the same.

Also this comes up every time i have been in Cardio Rehab (be surprised at the number of folks that queued in with the same concerns) even the RN's would talk about it as well.

Not sure what would be the best way to handle this. Guess a start would be to keep a list of what suppliers do work for you and ask pharmacy what they have on hand before filling the prescription. 

You are not alone on feeling this one.

• 2 months later...

@MikeO I take Diltiazem, and in the fall the pills were from a different supplier. Thay didnt work so my doc told me to go up in dosage. Going from 180 to 240 worked. Then, last month, the supplier changed to the old one and the 240 was too much, so i have to go back down. I really dont get it!