benefits of a seated walker for POTS

Pistol

I suffer from HPOTS and am highly exercise and orthostatic intolerant. I am OK walking for short periods but unable to tolerate standing for even two minutes without becoming symptomatic, even to the point of syncope.  Normally I use a wheel chair whenever I need to be anywhere where standing is required because once I stand to long and there is no seat near I have to sit on the floor. This results in being unable to participate in many activities, such a shopping or standing in line, unless I use my wheel chair. 

Yesterday I accompanied my teenage daughter to a mall for her birthday ( Yay, what a treat 😉). This was always quite difficult since the wheel chair is hard to maneuver in the stores ( at least the ones for teens! ). So this time I used a seated wheeled walker - and it was fantastic! I was able to walk between stores and sit whenever and wherever I needed to, and I tolerated the whole ordeal perfectly! 

I never considered the walker before, I only have one because of an rheumatic illness a year ago that made me unable to walk. But I am so pleased and happy about this new option! Anyone who suffers from similar limitations may want to give a seated, wheeled walker a try! I got mine from amazon for cheap but there are many places to buy them.