POTS Meds and MSG

Delta

Hi, all,

I have a question relating to my reactions to MSG (monosodium glutamate) as relates to the med I take for POTS. Typically, if I eat something that contains *added* MSG (not something in which it occurs naturally), I will get what I call the "MSG Trifecta" - extreme sleepiness, thirst that makes me need to drink something carbonated to feel a "burn", and a mild headache around what feels like the outside of my entire head (I call it an "eggshell headache" because the way it feels reminds me of when I crack a boiled egg and the crack shows around the entire egg, but doesn't go deep).  My husband gets these same symptoms after consuming MSG. Obviously we avoid eating things with added MSG. But, what I've noticed is that over the past year or so, I've eaten a few things that I didn't check at first that turned out to contain MSG. My husband ate these same things at the same time, and got the usual symptoms, but I didn't! This has happened at least three times now in the last few months. The first time I thought it must be a fluke, and that maybe the product had even been mislabeled.  But now I don't think so, because my husband got the same symptoms, as usual. So, what I'm wondering is - is there any chance that the beta blocker (Propranolol) I take for my POTS might be keeping me from getting those symptoms? Has anyone here experienced anything like this? Thank you for any comments!

@Delta I found the following article that states the side effects of MSG, which are very close to POTS symptoms. Another article states that MSG works by stimulating neurotransmitters ( cannot link that article because it contains ads ), so I believe that it is possible the betablocker could help for your MSG related symptoms. 

Monosodium glutamate (MSG): Is it harmful? - Mayo Clinic