Just Got Covid

mehaller

Holy Moley.  This thing is kicking the living begeezuz out of me.  My ususal ten minutes of staying upright is gone.  I can barely make it to the loo.  

Just got my scrip for paxlovid to see if it helps.  I'm pretty sure I'd be toast if I had a major co-morbidity - assuming dysautnomia isn't a comorbidity.  

Does anyone have any reports on Paxlovid and the path to knocking this beast back?

Oh no.  Hope you feel better soon.

You are literally the first person to post about paxlovid, at least according to a search I just did, so no one has mentioned using it on the forum so far.  However I do know many people of many ages and various issues who have taken it and it seems to help greatly in most cases.

Dysautonomia is not considered a co-morbidity to date from all I understand.

We do have this video, if you are up to watching:

https://youtu.be/JI_c95dvg0w

Hope you feel a lot better soon.

Update.  I did get the Paxlovid, and it indeed knocked back the worst of the Covid.  Quite impressive.  So far, no sign of rebound either.  But, there is some lingering fatigue that feels an awful lot like AOH.  But, back on the midodrine and almost back to where I was pre Covid.  

1 hour ago, mehaller said:

Update.  I did get the Paxlovid, and it indeed knocked back the worst of the Covid.  Quite impressive.  So far, no sign of rebound either.  But, there is some lingering fatigue that feels an awful lot like AOH.  But, back on the midodrine and almost back to where I was pre Covid.  

Glad to hear you have made progress.

On 8/8/2022 at 5:18 PM, mehaller said:

Holy Moley.  This thing is kicking the living begeezuz out of me.  My ususal ten minutes of staying upright is gone.  I can barely make it to the loo.  

Just got my scrip for paxlovid to see if it helps.  I'm pretty sure I'd be toast if I had a major co-morbidity - assuming dysautnomia isn't a comorbidity.  

Does anyone have any reports on Paxlovid and the path to knocking this beast back?

Did your symptoms increase after covid?I am planning to take paxlovid if I get covid.what is your experience so far with the medicine?

Sorry for the delay in seeing this.  I cannot say that I am any worse since the COVID.  I can say that the Paxlovid indeed shortened my COVID journey - and did so rapidly.  Within a day my mid-grade fever dropped and my respiratory issues seriously subsided.  And, the aches were gone.  I was amazed how similar the COVID was to the Moderna Vaccine in my spinal inflammatory response.  I was experiencing severe pain at every ossified node along my spine.  With the vaccine, that pain  and fever literally switched off after 36 hours.  After Paxlovid, the "off switch" was again pronounced.  Weird stuff.  Long story short - Don't hesitate on the Paxlovid.  My wife dawdled and hemmed and hawed, until it was too late, e.g. beyond five days of first symptoms.  She's still having lingering respiratory issues and general malaise.  Of course, your mileage may

On 8/23/2022 at 11:49 AM, Sri said:

Did your symptoms increase after covid?I am planning to take paxlovid if I get covid.what is your experience so far with the medicine?

vary.