low blood volume and eating problems

Radha

i was wondering why not everyone with low blood volume has the problems i have with eating, the palpitations and headaches, and blood pounding, i thought that all of you with low blood volume would have problems eating due to the lack of blood, thanks for any input,

radha

What do you mean by problems with eating? Like not being hungry at all? Being too nauseated to eat? or not being able to keep anything down?

my problems arent with digestion, i mean i dont get nauseaus, or throw up,or have cramps, just heart related, feeling strong palpitations, blood pounding in head and hands, terrible headaches afterwards, sometimes rapid heartrate, i was wondering if any of you with low blood volume had these kinds of problems, thanks

radha

Sorry, I don't think I read it very well. I, too, am hypovolemic, and also have GERD. While I do spend a lot of time incredibly nauseated (often during intense heartburn episodes,) I also do have problems when I actually eat. My heart rate goes up, I get mild headaches, hot flashes, in addition to the other digestive problems that go with IBS. I haven't found anything that helps, really, except eating smaller meals throughout the day.

:)

Radha,

You have posted this question from time to time before. I have had these symptoms in the past, though not to the extent you describe. Although I think lots of others have had these symptoms too, I think your situation (where it is so bad that you can barely eat) is a bit unusual. I think most of the people on the board who have trouble eating have nausea or other GI problems.

-Rita

i'm sorry if i have been a nag about my eating problems, i was just hoping for a better understanding of why this happens, and if anyone else can relate to what i'm going thru,thanks to all of you for replying, the beta blockers definately help, but it would be nice if others had an idea of what i'm going thru, like friends and family, i hate it when people think you are purposely starving yourself, thank God my close family tries hard to understand, and i wish i could eat a full stomach! thanks for listening,

radha

Eating has been hard for me if not impossible at times. I am frequently nauseated. There are times when I do not even think to eat--I forget to eat because I am not hungry and nauseated. I eat a few bites and I get full very quickly. During the really bad times, I just drank milk shakes. I could drink them and the dr said it was better than nothing. It was showing up in my blood proteins that I was not eating. I think this all has to do with blood flow/pooling-for me anyway. Hope things get better. JenniferTX