The Effects Of Blood Thinners (Plavix) Just being Visual

I have been here before. Plavix does have it's place but also has a down side and you can easily bruise. My bad is that i started working on my Camaro too soon so i am paying the price. Just showing the visual effects which does not happen to often on a message board.

plavix.thumb.jpg.564dff9bcb325d69a6ec2184e4a43082.jpg

@MikeO  since you are so prone to falls please be very careful! I had to go on a blood thinner last year after cOVID but was told by my cardiologist to stop it due to my history of falls. Since you may not be in a position where stopping is an option - PLEASE be careful! As you know - the risk of critical injuries to the head with falls is real and great!

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

@MikeO  since you are so prone to falls please be very careful! I had to go on a blood thinner last year after cOVID but was told by my cardiologist to stop it due to my history of falls. Since you may not be in a position where stopping is an option - PLEASE be careful! As you know - the risk of critical injuries to the head with falls is real and great!

Thank You for your concern Pistol I will be CAREFUL. I did learn a lot since my last bloodletting episode. The nurses did drill into me as to what to watch for and to dial 911 and not drive myself to the ER like i usually do (I did get scolded for that).

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I felt good and worked on my Camaro today and kinda hit my eye.

Oh @MikeO! As a wife and mother I would say stop doing stuff in the garage, that seems to be where you get hurt the most! BUT as a fellow dysautonomian I would say: Keep doing what you enjoy, just be more careful! - I know what it is like, I too get hurt when I try to do anything "normal" that other people take for granted. Just try and be gentle on yourself! We are frail beings!

12 hours ago, Pistol said:

I know what it is like, I too get hurt when I try to do anything "normal" that other people take for granted

Thank You for your support Pistol. I have such a strong WISH to be able to do normal activities like everyone else but, it is HARD to do so. Last thing i want to happen is to become inactive, loose interest in life and become depressed again (don't want to go back there)

I will find a way to work smarter and safer going forward (i hope). I will be adding safety glasses in the future.

I will also avoid public toilet seats as well "Haha" 

Well went to the eye doc today. I kinda look like a walking Gargoyle the hemorrhage did span out to about 3/4's of the white of the eye. Good news he is confident that there is no more bleeding. Down side is he did pickup on my "anisocoria" for now i am still ok as my right pupil responded left and right just not up and down.

He also prescribed some eye drops (OPTASE) for my dry eyes. Hope it helps.    

• 4 weeks later...

So went back into the eye Doc again today. Good news the eye hemorrhage cleared up  This visit was my yearly checkup. I have a ways to go. But it is not about me and more for you.

He had me start some eye drops for dry eyes (prescribed some eye drops (OPTASE) for my dry eyes.) and this has helped greatly but he also recommended closing my eyes somewhat tightly 10 times then blinking light 10 more times. Reason being the tight blinks will encourage the glands in the eyes to secrete and the light blinking will spread the fluid. We did also talk about blurry vision and he encouraged to give this a go as well.  

Hope this may help some folks out.