Does Corlanor Help Ectopics?

JennKay

Hi all -- I have been struggling with a ton of ectopic heartbeats this past week. They seem to come in waves, like I will have one every minute or 30 seconds for an hour or two, then none for a few hours. Then the cycle repeats. They have even been waking me up at 3am, to my delight, and it might take an hour or two before I can get back to sleep. I have had a terrible time with beta blockers in the past, but have decided to try propranolol with these ectopic episodes. I have been taking only 5mg at a time because I am worried about changes to my blood pressure. This helps a little but not as much as I want it too. I called my EP and he suggested I stop propranolol and start Corlanor. But, I'm skeptical. Has anyone had luck with Corlanor helping their ectopics? I'm so desperate for anything to work at this point that I might try it. Curious if others have experience with Corlanor for ectopics. Thanks!!

16 hours ago, JennKay said:

Corlanor helping their ectopics?

I have read that Corlanor studies have shown improvements over the usual meds (beta blocker - calcium channel blockers) so might be worth a try (never know unless you give it a go).

For me metoprolol did not help with the ectopics and when i switched to Cardevelol i still would get them but when Ranolazine was added to my drug cocktail i have stopped getting them or (have not noticed the them)

@JennKay--I too am struggling with ectopics over the last three weeks AND just got the Corlanor I ordered from Canada about the time they started.   My cardiologist recommended it before the ectopics became a big problem for me, so when I saw your post I thought I would just stand in solidarity.  Sadly I have no experience to share, but I hope we can post and keep each other (and everyone else) in the loop as we see how it works.  I am not going to be able to start till next Thursday, but I will definitely update as I know anything, and I hope you will as well.

More to the point, I hope it helps!  A lot!

Thanks for your input, @Jyoti and @MikeO!!

I know I should just give it a try... Here I am, a 30-something year old woman and I'm having to talk to myself like I talk to my 4 year old..."You can't say you don't like it unless you try it."

Will keep you all updated. Today has been better so far, although I was up at 3am dealing with them again this morning - a PVC every minute or 30 seconds until they finally calmed down after another dose of propranolol. 

@Jyoti -- And, I hope it helps you too! Yes, please let us know how it goes. The ectopics are soooo annoying...