Support Group

Does anyone have any information on starting a support group? I live in Minneapolis and I don't think that there is a support group that is specific to POTS. So, I was thinking that maybe I could start one. Any input anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Bren

Hey hey, there is a girl who I met here on the board named Julie Tremp...Julie where are you?! who ran/runs a group where I live (in Ohio near MCO and Dr. Grubb). She could probably give you a great amount of information. If she doesn't end up seeing this post and answering beforehand, I'll shoot her an e-mail and tell her about you.

Guest Julia

Bren,

Please send me your e-mail address and i'll send you what I know about starting our group here in Toledo, Ohio. I'll be glad to help. Jackie sent me an e-mail---And I told her how everthing started & some other tips on starting a support group.---i'll copy and paste what I sent her. I saved a copy in my folders.

Keep in mind, i'm new at this myself. I was not the leader---but I did help start the group by finding a person to lead and work with me. I was coordinator. I just chose not to lead at the time because I didn't know what direction my illness would take. However, I did end up leading a good portion of the time anyway, as our leader stepped down to go back to college. There were several times that our leader could not make it to the meetings. She did not have ANS problems---her husband did. I hope I can help!

Take Care,

Julie :0)

Bren

Contact the local hospitals. Many of them have support groups already set up. I'm pretty sure you probably won't find a POTS support group already in place, but many of the hospitals will advise you what it takes to get one going.

I believe it's usually community health or the medical education department that you contact.

Steph

Thanks Steph, I will. I talked to one of the nurses at cardiac rehab today and she is getting me some info. Her friend has chronic fatigue and is very involved in the chronic fatigue support group so she's goign to have her call me and give me some info also.

Bren