Had a Good Visit With My PCP Today - It Pays To Be Be Prepared

MikeO

Went in today for my 6 month well being visit today. This time i came in prepared. Rather than complaining about my usual issues (even though it came up) i addressed what can we do to make my life better.

My first concern was why i have such a hard time with meds. I brought up genetic testing (pharmacogenetics) he did talk to being either a slow metabolizer or fast metabolizer and makes sense to him as to my drug response. The clinic is putting in a referral to be tested.    

Two is we discussed Dysautonomia, while treatment is limited he did agree to have my catecholamines tested and put in a referral at froedtert in milwaukee. He declined Mayo.

Third he did look at my dispartant pupil size/response. Response was (you are right) and diagnosed it as (Anisocoria) it is concerning so we will keep an eye on it.

While i am not sure what i will get out of this My Doc did say we might be able to get my med dosage better.   

• MikeO changed the title to Had a Good Visit With My PCP Today - It Pays To Be Be Prepared

Well I should learn not to celebrate too soon. Out of the plan that came out of the office visit with my Doc the only thing that materialized is me restarting my Amlodipine.

I got referred to a dysautonomia clinic that no longer exists (frustrating) so i messaged my PCP clinic with the news and and inquired about the catecholamine test this is the response i got from his nurse. "and to be honest she is one of the worst nurses i have had to date"

Bummer, I still agree with you 100% on the catecholamine test. He should be ordered all you need to do a schedule it.

So double "RATS" i then called central scheduling just to find out the catecholamine test was not ordered and instead there is an order for a holter monitor (what the fudge) I am about to pull my hair out. Days like this i just want to give out of frustration.