I have a couple of questions

Knellie

Hi Guys-

I have a couple quick questions. Though I finally found a medication that helps a little bit for the first time!! Yay!! Its called verapamil. I was wondering if anyone has ever been on it, and how long you can be on it. Also, my doctor is upping the dose right now but he said he might add another medication on top of it called Midodrine. I have heard some people on this forum talk about being on it before, do you like it? Was it worth it? Also, one of my other questions is that today I was napping and I woke up with a really high heart rate. I wasn't having a nightmare or anything so it wasn't from that. I just woke up and it was really high and I was having palpitations all over the place. This has never happened to me. Also, I have never really had low bp. Usually its relatively high like 133/85 or so, but today it was the lowest I have ever seen it when I was at the doctor. It was 106/58! I have never had it like that and I was feeling extra POTsy today. I also had chest pains on and off. Maybe its because of the weather changes? Does anybody have any ideas?

Hi @Knellie Glad to hear you found a drug that helps a bit. I can't tell you anything about verapamil or midodrine ( - never been on it -)  verapamil is a calcium channel blocker so i would suspect it is the reason for the lower blood pressure. I am taking Amlodipine and have occasional palpitations and elevated heart rates that have woken me up i just don't what triggers them outside of maybe a drop in bp which makes sense to me.