Does anyone else get sudden air hunger when moving position?

sunbun

Today I was crouching for about 10 minutes in the shower and noticed when I stood up I felt very breathless and was gasping for air just for about 5-10 seconds. My heart rate wasn’t TOO fast. So I don’t get why I was so out of breath.

Same thing happened when I was laying down for a couple hours then suddenly sat upright. Got that weird air hunger again and felt short of breath, then it disappeared when I breathed deeply for a few secs.

i always get tachy when standing or moving but not really this gasping for air sensation.

i am very mildly anemic, heavy menstruating right now, and also had two sets of blood tests a few days ago which didn’t help. Is it due to less red blood cells circulating to my lungs? Despite keeping well hydrated and good blood sugar levels, those blood tests really took it out of me and I felt very dizzy and tachy afterwards. Still feeling a bit more tachy than usual. So clearly my brain senses there is less oxygenated blood flowing around. 

Whenever I get a new symptom I start panicking and wondering if it’s something sinister instead of just POTS 😕

If you can relate please let me know!

@sunbun - I get a sensation just as you describe when my BP drops suddenly. This is not uncommon when in the shower or getting up fast. Certainly anemia could make this worse. The best thing to do for me when I get this is to get up slowly, rest and hydrate.