New Vax Recommendations

p8d

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/16/us/vaccination-booster-shots.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

So it seems the new recommendation is for another booster shot 8 months later. I got two shots and advocated for every adult to get their shots, but they kicked the crap out of me for at least a month. If this is going to be an ongoing thing twice a year, I don't know that I'll be able to keep up. This is just awful. 

9 hours ago, MTRJ75 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/16/us/vaccination-booster-shots.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

So it seems the new recommendation is for another booster shot 8 months later. I got two shots and advocated for every adult to get their shots, but they kicked the crap out of me for at least a month. If this is going to be an ongoing thing twice a year, I don't know that I'll be able to keep up. This is just awful. 

Just heard this on the news this morning. Sure i have thoughts on this just can't get them out due to brain fog.

When eligible I plan to get a booster.

I was sick for about a day and half after the 2nd shot (Moderna)--fever, aches, dizziness, fatigue.  I wonder if the booster will cause the symptoms the 2nd shot did.  Of course it will vary from person to person but it will be interesting to see data on that.

The goddaughter (age 25) of a good friend of mine is in the hospital on oxygen since last week.  She was not vaccinated.  I'm not willing to risk that happening to me, or causing it to happen to someone else.

• 3 weeks later...

So I didn’t get the third shot on Sunday at CVS because it was a zoo and not many people were wearing masks. I went on Tuesday to a small local pharmacy and had Pfizer. First two were Moderna. Pfizer caused similar side effects (slight fever, aches, joint pain, headache, malaise, 10bpm HR increase) BUT they only lasted about 30 hours vs the 48 for Moderna. The headache from Pfizer was much less intense and I managed all the side effects with Tylenol. Honestly, not a big deal and I feel relieved to have had it done.

On 8/17/2021 at 12:35 PM, Rexie said:

I had the Moderna vaccines last Feb. - felt awful for a whole month. Don't qualify for early booster but not sure I can stand taking a booster when eligible.  Then again Covid would probably kill me. 

I felt bad for a month too after J&J but relief when I did it. Everyone in my new city wears masks unlike where I grew up. Best of luck.