Higher heart rate with good posture

When I stand up straight, with my shoulders rolled back in good posture, my heart rate is about 20bpm higher than if I’m standing more hunched over. Off meds that’s around 130 vs 150bpm.

I can also breathe a lot easier when hunched over.

I also sit kind of crumpled for the same reason. My whole life people have said that standing up more straight will help me feel better. But it really doesn’t. 

Does anyone have any idea what could explain this physiologically?

I have worried about movement, breathing, pain, and posture for years. My preferred posture was bad and turned in, resulting in more overall back pain and xiphoid pain. This impacted being able to get a deep breath, as well as being able to eat, creating side issues on top of everything else. It was hard to stand or sit up straight with good posture. One day I stumbled upon some info by a biomechanist. I went from fancy arch support shoes with thick, raised soles to minimal shoes and the change has made a world of difference for me. I found myself smiling the other day while grocery shopping when I realized I was going up and down the store aisles in relative peace and harmony, exhibiting perfect, relaxed posture. To think I kept trying to have good posture while shoes were tipping me forward, causing muscles to work harder in unnatural positions. Funny this never occurred to me before. Life is more fun now since I liberated my feet.  

@ElizaangelicaWhen you sit upright with better posture it requires more muscular contraction therefore more oxygen and blood flow. In my opinion, it is also common to see more of a hunched over posture when there is a decrease in firing from your motor cortex which would indicate to focus on brain health. One of my causes of POTS is basal ganglia dysfunction which also includes anxiety, OCD like tendencies, and muscle twitches.