What does it mean that I failed the Valsalva Test?

Sounds like you have some dysautonomia.  What kind of doctor ordered the test?  If it was your neurologist, then I would think he would go over the results with you and explain which parts of the test you failed.  You might need a beta blocker and/or some florinef, depending on what showed up.  There are a number of things that you can be treated with to help make your like a little more comfortable.  

It was a cardiologist who ordered the TTT, just to confirm his POTS diagnosis. But the hospital did the other autonomic testing too. The cardio just kind of passed over the Valsalva results, except to say it was also positive. I didn’t think to ask at the time what that actually meant. I know how the test works, but what does it actually say about my body?

@Elizaangelica - an abnormal Valsalva maneuver simply shows that your ANS is not functioning as it should. A "failed" TTT actually is not enough information - what did it show? It can give you several diagnoses, like NCS, POTS or OH for example. So the doc actually should be interpreting it into what exactly went wrong. 

5 hours ago, Elizaangelica said:

Does it cause symptoms or mean anything regarding treatment? 

Well - what symptoms DID YOU HAVE during your test? Did either one cause you to pass out, or make your HR race; did you feel dizzy or excited? The symptoms along with readings of your HR and BP during both tests will point towards what might be going on with your ANS. 

Treatment solely depends on the underlying mechanism and your symptoms, and more often than not finding a proper medication regime is time consuming and frustrating! I would ask a lot of questions when you go for your follow-up appointment with the cardiologist. Best to write them all down beforehand! Some doctors are good at explaining and others rush through, so having a list of questions can assure you get all the answers you are looking for!!!!!!

@Elizaangelica - I personally passed my Valsalva, but 2 TTT's showed dysautonomia. The Valsalva really simply shows whether or not your ANS is functioning properly. You can have dysautonomia with or without an abnormal VM. So - a good question to ask your doc!