Covid Vaccine and Auto Immune

I’ve been suffering for months not officially diagnosed with an auto immune disease yet but my primary is convinced it is ... so as you can imagine my low grade fevers and all the other unpleasant daily symptoms are bad enough but my question is , are there other people who have got the shot ,even with these daily symtoms  ?????
just wondering if it’s safe , Because out of all the doctors I’ve spoken to nobody will give me a yes or no answer they say it’s your choice when I ask if I should get the vaccine ....

I feel like I really need this vaccine as I also have leukemia....

@HOTLIKEFIRE - my MIL has lymphoma and Sjogrens ( AI disease ) and her docs refused to give her the shot until she got the OK by her rheumatologist. My personal opinion is to wait until you see the rheumatologist. Also - leukemia is also a reason to check with the oncologist before getting  the shot. 

Guest KiminOrlando

My Rheumatologist, Immunologist and Oncologist (Hematologist) all recommended the shot for me. They specifically recommended the Moderna shot for me. It is unfortunate that your doctors won't make a recommendation for you. 

4 hours ago, KiminOrlando said:

My Rheumatologist, Immunologist and Oncologist (Hematologist) all recommended the shot for me. They specifically recommended the Moderna shot for me. It is unfortunate that your doctors won't make a recommendation for you. 

Yeah every single doctor I asked said it’s on me kind of frustrating but I understand they probably don’t know much more then us as this is all pretty new and not enough studies have come out

17 hours ago, HOTLIKEFIRE said:

I’ve been suffering for months not officially diagnosed with an auto immune disease yet but my primary is convinced it is ... so as you can imagine my low grade fevers and all the other unpleasant daily symptoms are bad enough but my question is , are there other people who have got the shot ,even with these daily symtoms  ?????
just wondering if it’s safe , Because out of all the doctors I’ve spoken to nobody will give me a yes or no answer they say it’s your choice when I ask if I should get the vaccine ....

I feel like I really need this vaccine as I also have leukemia....

I have a very rare blood cancer and right now my oncologist is saying no where-as my PCP was saying yes. I say speak to your oncologist. They keep telling me it's my decision but everybody is reacting to it differently, one of my completely healthy friends got a shot and ended up bedridden for weeks so at that point I'm just going to wait till I see the new oncologist at Mayo Clinic but that's not till July. I'm assuming you have dysautonomia too? After 3 months of a cancer treatment my Dysautonomia got 10,000x's worse and nobody knows what happened. Just thought I'd ask if you had autonomic dysfunction before or after and if immunosuppression treatment made it worse? Thanks in advance. 

37 minutes ago, CallieAndToby22 said:

I have a very rare blood cancer and right now my oncologist is saying no where-as my PCP was saying yes. I say speak to your oncologist. They keep telling me it's my decision but everybody is reacting to it differently, one of my completely healthy friends got a shot and ended up bedridden for weeks so at that point I'm just going to wait till I see the new oncologist at Mayo Clinic but that's not till July. I'm assuming you have dysautonomia too? After 3 months of a cancer treatment my Dysautonomia got 10,000x's worse and nobody knows what happened. Just thought I'd ask if you had autonomic dysfunction before or after and if immunosuppression treatment made it worse? Thanks in advance. 

I haven’t received any treatment as my blood numbers are good and have an officially been diagnosed with a auto immune because they don’t know which one it is yet and I can’t get an appointment until September.Both my primary and oncologist said the choice is mine they’re not sure which way to go unfortunately