Hunger pangs

nicolet

I am asking to see if anyone can relate....

My major complaint was always early satiety/nausea and lack of appetite. Fine. Right now what is happening is that I’m getting really bad hunger pains as soon as I eat (takes 15-30 min) and if I don’t I get this terrible nausea and vomiting...I still can eat small portions so to speak.

I eat small meals (I always did), I eat protein, I don’t eat junk. I’m not taking any treatment yet but can you guys relate? What helped?

Guest KiminOrlando

I get hunger pains after I eat and it gets better if I eat a little something, but obviously it isn't a cycle I can stay in. I have gastroparesis, so I assume it is just the misfiring of peristalsis in me. No doctor has ever addressed it with me. Hope you find an answer.

When this happens do you feel too full if you eat more? I'm asking because sometimes gastroparesis is accompanied by dumping syndrome, where instead of the normal delayed emptying from gastroparesis, the stomach suddenly dumps its contents without trying to digest them. I normally have delayed emptying but when I've had a POTS flare, I've also had dumping. I think it's just a screwed up ANS problem. I can see how if you have dumping you could have hunger pangs. 

On 7/23/2020 at 9:44 AM, toomanyproblems said:

"When this happens do you feel too full if you eat more? I'm asking because sometimes gastroparesis is accompanied by dumping syndrome, where instead of the normal delayed emptying from gastroparesis, the stomach suddenly dumps its contents without trying to digest them. I normally have delayed emptying but when I've had a POTS flare, I've also had dumping. I think it's just a screwed up ANS problem. I can see how if you have dumping you could have hunger pangs. "

This entire thread is a huge part of what I'm trying to figure out.  I (similar to the OP) have very small windows when I feel well enough to eat and if I don't, I get more nauseous and start vomiting (even if it's just dry heaving).  When I do eat or drink water, it has to be such tiny amounts and I feel so much pressure almost immediately in my upper abdomen that I feel too "full" to eat any more.  However, I might very shortly feel deep hunger pangs and nausea again.  When you have the dumping syndrome, does that result in obviously undigested food in stool?  No one has been able to explain this symptom to me.   

• 1 year later...
On 7/23/2020 at 10:04 AM, czechitout said:

When you have the dumping syndrome, does that result in obviously undigested food in stool?  No one has been able to explain this symptom to me.   

Anyone have anything to add to this? I have seen this before with me and happens when i have a bad flare or reaction to a new med.