Informational Brochures

Wow, I logged on and just now noticed the "Informational Brochure" campaign, what a great idea! How long has this been on the site? Didn't notice until now...But, I'm BLONDE?

So, I'm going to fill out the info for at least three idiot dr.s we've been to, who totally don't understand the concept of POTS...One of course, being the dummy that sent my child to the pysch hospital a couple of weeks ago...GRRRHHH!!!

OMG, if you need money for stamps, LET ME KNOW!

Angie

We just put it up and are still testing the form, so we haven't "officially" announced it yet. If you can, please wait until tomorrow to fill out the form so we can make sure everything is working correctly.

And yes, we could definitely use donations to keep this campaign going. We printed 500 brochures and they cost over $500. We will be spending another $200. to mail them, possibly more depending on how many overseas requests we get. So that is $700. we have invested to mail 500 brochures. Donations are needed and appreciated and can always be made on our How You Can Help page.

Thanks!

Michelle

Thanks Emily. So many people helped along the way...Dr. Stewart provided his expertise, Lori provided her picture, my friend Jes scanned the picture in (one of these days I will get a scanner...). I am happy with the way it all turned out and I hope the brochures will help spread the word about dysautonomia. :)

Michelle

The brochure will just be mailed. It will not have anyone's name on it or say anything about someone requesting it be sent.

The model on the cover is Lori Valenti. Her story is on our site, and she has her own web site at www.lorivalenti.net

I have a lot of teenage boys running through my house, and it was amazing how interested they all got in POTS after seeing Lori on the cover of the brochure. :)

Michelle

michelle & all those who made the brochures happen (and will be continuing to do so) -

thanks for your efforts. they look great!

and i got a kick out of the teenage boys' interests being peeked. having a 20yr old brother i could envision the same thing happening!

:-)melissa

Michelle,

Have you thought about approaching any of the pharmaceutical companies? Not only for donations in producing the brochures but also for the possibility of their drug rep's distributing them to physician's they call on. Everyone knows those of us with dysautonomia support all of the pharmaceutical companies with the multiple medications we take!!

Just a thought?

Jill