Dr. Robert Shields, Jr. @ Cleveland Clinic

Sunfish

howdy folks -

i had my first doc appt in cleveland today - (neuro)urologist at cleveland clinic - and happened upon what seems to be an autonomic doc who i have never heard of before...my appt with the urologist went well and he asked if i'd be interested in seeing a neurologist that he works with - Dr. Robert Shields - that works with autonomic neuropathy/disorders. i said sure (figure what do i have to lose, right...other than some time, money, etc....but heck...maybe this guy has the magic pill? :) ) i thought that since the office was setting up the appt i'd have some "in" but no luck there so my appt isn't until january but i'm also on the waiting list & since i'm local may get called for a last minute cancellation.

when i got home i looked the guy up since i was surprised to not have at least heard of him. ends up his profile on the CC site says he specializes in autonomic disorders & neuromuscular disorders AND he's the director of the Autonomic Laboratory at CC too. Dr. Faoud - who i've heard of - is in the cardiology department but i'm assuming they do some work together in terms of testing, etc. still, my curiousity is of course peaked about this "new" doc.

anyone have any info to enlighten me with?

feel free to email or PM me if that would be better....

if he's been in hiding i'll give a report once i've seen him:-)

thanks!

:-)melissa

Well, I have seen Fouad and Dr. Hammer. I have never heard of him. Let us know when you have seen him, and what he is like.

where has this guy been hiding??? obviously there are people somewhere who know about him since his appointment schedule is full until jan, but perhaps its for neuromuscular stuff (his other listed area of interest/ specialty). regardless, i am SO curious! i'll definitely give a report after i see him, but don't hold your breaths since it's likely not going to be until the end of jan.

:-)melissa