Short story of what happend to me 10 years ago. POTS related?

I'm laying down and getting a tattoo. I was in normal psychical health and was not diagnosed with anything at all. I'm nervous about all things involving needles so I'm 99% sure I didn't eat enough before hand. I definitely had plenty of fluids and had water and gatorade with me. After at least 2 hours of laying flat, I got up to take a break. After about 10-20 seconds I slowly collapsed. Tunnel vision, light headed, weak, slowly fell down. Can this happen to a person WITHOUT POTS?

1 hour ago, jeff_jefferson2 said:

Can this happen to a person WITHOUT POTS?

There are many different types of dysautonomia other than POTS, though that experience could have been some sort of orthostatic intolerance. Did it happen more than once? Getting up suddenly after lying down for quite a while (particularly in a stressful situation) can cause light headedness even if you don’t have dysautonomia.

@jeff_jefferson2 - IMO yes it can. As a former nurse I have witnessed many episodes like that in others and none of them were diagnosed with POTS. The combination of fear or excitement and getting up from lying flat for a long time can cause the orthostatic process to take longer and cause syncope. I have POTS and NCS, the latter causing syncopal episodes just as you described but it can happen to normal people as well.