Barre exercises?

Guest KiminOrlando

Guest KiminOrlando

Has anybody tried any of these Barre classes or Fluidity or any similar exercise classes/videos? I was thinking it might be good because they focus on total body, but a lot of leg work with little to no cardio. When I was younger I spent hours a week in dance classes, which I think slowed down this disease, but when I stopped, my health took a dive. 

I know I couldn't do even a quarter of an actual class, so I was really looking at the home system, but it isn't cheap. I figure I could pace myself and tailor it to my limitations.

Hi Kim

I am a ballet teacher so yes barre work is great as a work out and using your own body resistance can really tone .

I don't know what your looking at buying but I would recommend Karen voight dvd around 20 dollars. She is a trained dancer, award winning fitness teacher.some of her dvds have been around for a long time but her programmes are effective and very clear instructions to help you exercise safely. She includes hard and  easy versions of many exercises and some of her workout are only 35 min's long . She has a ballet barre  and many sculpt dvd .

• 2 weeks later...

I smiled when I read you do passe releve whilst waiting for lunch , obviously you trained in ballet !  Due to an injury I can't dance properly at the moment it's  had a huge impact on my POTS. Can't wait to be able to put on my music and do barre in the studio, find the music so soothing as well always, feel calm afterwards