Experience with epidural anyone?

Hi hope you all doing ok in the heat and humidity .

Tore my hamstring last November but when the  swelling and pain around my knee didn't subside I wen to  Dr,  turns out I have torn my menicus as well and I need surgery . Not been able to do my normal exercise regime which has set me back big time with symptons. 

I am not good with general anesthetic BP drops dangerously low, however I was not diagnosed with POTS and VVS when I had my last surgery ( you know the score i had been moaning for years ! Midodrine has raised my BP on the whole .I have been trying to research epidural as I believe this is most likely what they will want to use. Found some interesting papers which I will print and take with me.

Any experiences including good and bad  will be helpful ! I really want to be well informed before I see my surgeon.

When I have a POTS attack I  have both high and low bp and HR I also faint, tremors ,sight and cognitive issues.

Any insights will be appreciated 

Thanks ! X

Hello @dancer65 - whenever I had surgery ( including knee arthroplasty and abdominal surgery ) I had a superb anesthesiologist who researched dyasutonomia prior to my first surgery. She did a spinal anesthesia LYING DOWN to avoid BP fluctuations and I did very well. ( Normally this gets done sitting up but this position could have prompted BP drop OR increase ). It is important that you inform the anesthesia team prior to the surgery of your dysautonomia diagnosis and any POTENTIAL complications from this. 

Thanks pistol thats helpful . I am going to get in touch with my cardiologist to send some information to them as well.

I have never been nervous for surgery and i have nine so far but after complications when i had my hysterectomy  I'm pretty anxious ! Sure it wil be fine ☺