EGD and Colonoscopy

JimL

Had an EGD and Colonoscopy yesterday. GI issues were the first symptoms I had of a problem, last june, late May. POTS symptoms started around christmas. Originally, they did an EGD and found H Pylori and gastritis. Treated it, but the symptopms came back. With yesterday's procedure, I had two polyps and still have gastritis. Understand I am taking esomeprosole and sucralfate. I have to wonder if I have some sort of chronic infection that is causing these problems. H Pylori can cause all sorts of problems: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4017036/

BTW, sorry I haven't been as active here. I have further cervical fusion March 27. C2-4. I had C4-6 done in 2012. I had a lot of swallowing issues for a while. 

Sorry @JimL about all of your issues. I too had severe stomach problems - had H.Pylori treated twice but later - after developing POTS - had esophagitis, Barrett's Esophagitis, GERD and Duodenitis - supposedly all caused by hyperPOTS and adrenaline surges. This was when I was at my worst POTS wise. Since then I have been taking Pantoprazole twice daily, Carafate and Ranitidine, and for a while GI cocktail as needed. This seemed to have significantly improved my symptoms so that today all I use is Pantoprazole - otherwise adjustments to my diet and eating habits seem to work well. I am a lot better and even have been gaining weight.  My last EGD - 6 months ago - showed stomach polyps as well but no more gastritis. I had to cut out all acidic foods and juices due to interstitial cystitis and this seems to also have improved my GI issues. Have you seen a nutritionist or dietician for advice as to what foods to avoid? I did and it apparently made a big difference. Best wishes to you - hang in there!!!!

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

Sorry @JimL about all of your issues. I too had severe stomach problems - had H.Pylori treated twice but later - after developing POTS - had esophagitis, Barrett's Esophagitis, GERD and Duodenitis - supposedly all caused by hyperPOTS and adrenaline surges. This was when I was at my worst POTS wise. Since then I have been taking Pantoprazole twice daily, Carafate and Ranitidine, and for a while GI cocktail as needed. This seemed to have significantly improved my symptoms so that today all I use is Pantoprazole - otherwise adjustments to my diet and eating habits seem to work well. I am a lot better and even have been gaining weight.  My last EGD - 6 months ago - showed stomach polyps as well but no more gastritis. I had to cut out all acidic foods and juices due to interstitial cystitis and this seems to also have improved my GI issues. Have you seen a nutritionist or dietician for advice as to what foods to avoid? I did and it apparently made a big difference. Best wishes to you - hang in there!!!!

I haven't seen a nutritionist. Up until last fall, I had been doing keto. I have since gone normal diet and it's made no difference. It seems like some things aggravate it, but it's hard to tell some times. I was taking pantoprazole twice a day at one point and it didn't get rid of it and long term use of PPI's is bad. I have an appointment with Todd Levine for the POTS stuff on the 21st. I hope he can figure all this out. 

On 5/4/2019 at 5:12 PM, Pistol said:

Went on the GI docs portal today and it said I have Chronic atrophic gastritis without bleeding. That doesn't sound good.