Chills and Goosebumps

Stark

I've been getting chills on and off throughout the day for a few weeks now. It is different from my normal temp intolerance - I will feel a distinct, sudden chill and then my arms will be covered in goosebumps. The feeling can last quite a while and trying to warm up isn't very effective. It often seems to be triggered by eating. Does this happen to anyone else? Could it be MCAS related? 

@Stark - I am not sure if this is what is causing your symptoms but in my case I get these chills when I am presyncopal, right before a faint. I was told that it is caused by excessive vasoconstriction. If it happens after you eat I wonder if this could be sympathetic over-compensation? When we eat all the blood goes to the digestive system and when the ANS malfunctions this could trigger the sympathetic system to cause excessive vasoconstriction . Chills are a symptom of this. 

I have had this frequently in the past. I have had goosebumps in a hot shower, washing dishes and while working out. It isn't a chill, it is an ANS response, because my pupils will dilate (someone saw it and asked if I was OK) at the same time and sometimes my whole body will start shaking. It happened frequently when I was changing meds for migraine prevention. I assumed it was like the "threatened cat" response if you've ever seen a cat about to attack. I have no idea if it means anything except that if it only happens on one side, it is likely a seizure (according to an episode of House, MD.)

I get chills/pins and needles sensation all the time for no reason at all, in different parts of my body. This has happened for the past nearly three years since I was diagnosed. I get them in my arms, in my back, in my buttocks, in the back of my head it’s an odd feeling but I can get it laying down too so I don’t think it has anything to do with orthostatic intolerance? It remains a mystery to myself I have never bothered to ask a doctor because half the time I have that many symptoms the doctor gets overwhelmed so I just go with the worst symptoms