How is everyone.

blizzard2014

I've been kind of absent for a while due to being depressed, but the dysautonomia mystery continues. 1 small piece of Lisinopril added to a half of a 20 MG pill is the difference between 130/103 BP when standing and 118/80 when sitting, and 120/85 standing and 96/100 over 71 when sitting. It's literally driving me mad today. The other day I had 6 straight readings of 140/102, 133/101, 133/101, etc. Then after driving for 30 minutes to work, BP reading before getting out of the car was 118/80, two times. Then after 2 hours of light cleaning of a building, standing BP before sitting back down was 130/101. Pulse was 110 after working. But now my pulse will stay level from the sitting to the standing position and the BP will still be acting all crazy. But what really has be depressed is that I feel the same dizziness, lightheadedness, brain fog, and absolutely unwell whether my BP is normal, low in the 90's, or even high in the 145/106 which was the highest reading when on meds. It makes no difference in how I feel or the tingling in arms, headaches, and it feels like that dizziness you get after holding your breath for too long. I have never passed out, but it feels like I am in a ready to pass out like state. 

I decided not to adjust my meds today since I will be sitting in a chair all day any how. No need to stop the spikes. Now, I know they say you cannot die from this condition, but it surly has to be doing some sort of damage much like drag racing in a car. Going from zero to 120 in seconds, then back down again. A doctor told me that I can get a popped vein in the brain from too high a reading and then bleed to death from the blood thinners. Maybe his is mistaken. Just wanted to see how the rest of you are doing? I also have been having 5 days feeling like there is a hole burning inside my stomach and very intense anxiety. But I am no longer ever backed up. I guess it is true that once they take out your gallbladder, you will never be locked up again. I go 4 times a day. Maybe a sluggish gallbladder was causing the gastro symptoms. I still burp up 14 hour old food taste though, so maybe I still have a slow gut. But my bowels are over-activated since GB surgery and I welcome this. I rather have loose bowels than be locked up and nauseas all of the time. Any how, I'm still plugging along living in my world of weird symptoms. I hope the rest of you are doing well. 

I am glad you are looking at your situation differently. The way you perceive things can be a huge difference. I used to say I can't a lot and it gave me a dark cloud a lot. Now it is more I shouldn't. But maybe I can try today. It backfires a lot and I get exhausted. But I still try. I am too hard-headed not to. But usually I do it when I have the "spoons" to waste. 

A lot of us have wondered how our condition isn't causing damage. Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. The body can do amazing things. Maybe it is healing itself. 

I feel the opposite with my bowel movements. Since I started the keto diet (to lose excess weight) I have started having halfway normal bowel movements once a day. Sometimes every other day. Still probably softer than normal but I feel it is way better then mostly liquid 4 times a day. I was getting tired of spending so much time in the bathroom :D

1 minute ago, StayAtHomeMom said:

I am glad you are looking at your situation differently. The way you perceive things can be a huge difference. I used to say I can't a lot and it gave me a dark cloud a lot. Now it is more I shouldn't. But maybe I can try today. It backfires a lot and I get exhausted. But I still try. I am too hard-headed not to. But usually I do it when I have the "spoons" to waste. 

A lot of us have wondered how our condition isn't causing damage. Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. The body can do amazing things. Maybe it is healing itself. 

I feel the opposite with my bowel movements. Since I started the keto diet (to lose excess weight) I have started having halfway normal bowel movements once a day. Sometimes every other day. Still probably softer than normal but I feel it is way better then mostly liquid 4 times a day. I was getting tired of spending so much time in the bathroom :D

I spend between 30 minutes to 1 and a half hour a day in the bathroom every day. Been that way for years so it is a daily routine for me lol. Even locked up I was in the bathroom a lot as it came out one small piece at a time. I have never had normal bowels. The Keto diet is good supposed to really help a lot of medical conditions. But they say we also need to cut out dairy too. I will be trying a diet next. I'm glad you're feeling better. 

10 hours ago, blizzard2014 said:

I spend between 30 minutes to 1 and a half hour a day in the bathroom every day. Been that way for years so it is a daily routine for me lol. Even locked up I was in the bathroom a lot as it came out one small piece at a time. I have never had normal bowels. The Keto diet is good supposed to really help a lot of medical conditions. But they say we also need to cut out dairy too. I will be trying a diet next. I'm glad you're feeling better. 

I only had to cut out milk. I can have cheese and butter and heavy whipping cream. They all have high fat with low carb. The diet has been an adjustment but my body feels better and I am down almost 30 lbs in 4 months. With no exercise. Honestly though I feel like it is more weight because of the inches. I should have measured when I started. I was about 50 lbs overweight. And I am halfway to my goal. When I hit my goal I doubt I will go back to bread and pasta. But I will go back to hidden carbs (like sugar) and see if it messes with my GI. I am hoping not because I miss my mountain dew. :D

11 hours ago, StayAtHomeMom said:

I only had to cut out milk. I can have cheese and butter and heavy whipping cream. They all have high fat with low carb. The diet has been an adjustment but my body feels better and I am down almost 30 lbs in 4 months. With no exercise. Honestly though I feel like it is more weight because of the inches. I should have measured when I started. I was about 50 lbs overweight. And I am halfway to my goal. When I hit my goal I doubt I will go back to bread and pasta. But I will go back to hidden carbs (like sugar) and see if it messes with my GI. I am hoping not because I miss my mountain dew. :D

Why not drink diet soda. I use Splenda in all of my drinks and I can even make a chocolate cake with almond flour, Splenda, and cocoa and it is only 7 grams of carbs for a pretty big piece of cake. You can also make bread with almond flour and eggs and it is like 7 grams of carbs per slice. I like the low carb diet more than keto, because you can still have 40-60 grams of carbs a day on maintenance and stay skinny. You don't need to restrict carbs to under 20 a day. That's just way too restrictive for me. 

On 2/1/2019 at 7:16 PM, blizzard2014 said:

Why not drink diet soda. I use Splenda in all of my drinks and I can even make a chocolate cake with almond flour, Splenda, and cocoa and it is only 7 grams of carbs for a pretty big piece of cake. You can also make bread with almond flour and eggs and it is like 7 grams of carbs per slice. I like the low carb diet more than keto, because you can still have 40-60 grams of carbs a day on maintenance and stay skinny. You don't need to restrict carbs to under 20 a day. That's just way too restrictive for me. 

I tried a low carb tortilla shortly after I started and it brought back the diarrhea. And stomach bloating. I think my body doesn't like the bread so when I come off keto I will still stay away from it. I currently switched to diet soda so I can have my caffeine. But aspartame isn't good for you long term so when I reach my goal I am gonna go back to hidden carbs. Honestly I probably do more of a low carb then keto. I don't actually count my daily carbs. I just keep it as low as possible and try to up my fat content as much as possible. I don't eat a lot to begin with so my calorie counts are my biggest problem. One of these days I will track my numbers exactly but honestly I am just too lazy. Redi-whip is my favorite treat. And I found I can do a decent hot cocoa. (Almond milk, heavy whipping cream, cocoa, and sweetener). 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:36 PM, Pistol said:

@blizzard2014 - you rock! I like the way you cook and are mindful of you diet. Good job!!!!

I was forced to do it because of diabetes. I used to eat all day long. Now I have to control the disease. I long for the days of just wolfing down a dozen donuts and a few glasses of milk. But that party has come to an end lol. If I continue to eat like that, I'll be gone in 20 years from kidney disease or heart attack. But with todays science and Splenda and almond flour, you don't have to feel as deprived. It really helps. I'd go crazy without splenda.