Stomach bloating from meds won't go away

suzie k

My bloated stomach from my meds stays even with laxatives which do move the bowel eventually, plenty of water, regular exercise, lots of fibre.  I look 6 months pregnant and I'm 57, so it looks weird.  My gastro wants to insert a bowel stimulator inside my body which I am not keen on.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I feel very frustrated.

Have you tried pro- and pre-biotics? You may have overgrowth of unwanted bacteria in your gut, which can cause a lot of bloating. I assume that you had EGD/ Colonoscopy/ breath test for H Pylori etc -- ? 

Prior to my recent diet change I was drinking a small amount of kefir everyday and staying away from heavy foods. That helped. Recently I switched to the keto diet to help lose some weight and my GI have gotten loads better. I wouldn't do anything unless they can prove something is wrong. In the beginning they thought I had bad acid reflux. Gave me prilosec and Zantac. Ended up in the 23 3 days later due to a bad reaction. Made them do a scope. Turns out there was nothing wrong. 

Many with dysautonomia are diagnosed with another condition like gastroparesis, lactose intolerance, celiac, etc. You may want to get tested for these if you haven't already.  Personally I've found eating foods with fiber clogs me up.  Especiallywhen my stomach is bothering me, I do much better with very simple easy to digest foods - Jello, baked potato, rice, steamed chicken, etc.  Lots of fluids are also helpful.

• 3 weeks later...