Anyone with Raynauds?

Crazycatlady

2 hours ago, Crazycatlady said:

Hey guys 

Juat got DXd with POTs last month. Around this time since it’s been getting cold, my fingers have been turning white/stinging/other classic Raynaud symptoms.

Is this related to dysautonomia? I tested negative for autoimmune issues (although my moms side has a lot of them)..

just curious to hear your stories 

It is possible that it could be POTS related (some people can vasoconstrict as opposed to vasodilating in their extremities). 

I don’t have Raynaud’s ‘officially’ but I have similar symptoms. I did chemotherapy years ago that can damage the vascular system. Over the years I’ve noticed my hands and feet get very cold very quickly and will hurt/loose feeling. I have some numbness in my middle fingers too which is a newer symptoms. If I grab something out of the freezer I essentially loose feeling in my fingers right away as they get so cold! My fingers will feel almost as cold as what I grabbed from the freezer.

Sometimes I have to run my hands under warm water (not hot!) to get the feeling / blood flow back. It helps to always wear gloves when the temperatures start to get cold outside. I try to wiggle my fingers and toes anyway to keep blood flowing so it doesn’t pool, but also so I keep warm and don’t go as numb. 

Hi - I have had Raynauds all of my life, when I was a teenager I had actual "frostbite" on my toes from it. I also have hyperadrenergic POTS, which runs in my family. I think it is all related to sympathetic overcompensation. 

Of my Fathers 5 children only 2 have Raynaud's, of which I do and I am the oldest and no. 5 o 5 my youngest sister.  Both Dad and his mother had it too and they also had H-EDS.  My youngest sister has H-EDS, Dad, grandma, and myself and so does mt son#2.  Only Grandma and my son#2 had or have POTS.  I once had a car with heated steering wheel, was that awesome.  Also the air conditioner vents blowing hot air is the best thing.  BUT I STILL LOVE WINTER.