Gallbladder needs to be removed.

blizzard2014

I'm being scheduled for Gallbladder surgery. I had another 3 hour attack last night with level 9 pain and vomiting all of the food I had eaten a few hours prior. I'm scared to eat now. I might eat some Jello tomorrow or some fat free foods, but maybe not. I'm hoping that all of my stomach issues will be just a bad Gallbladder. I already have stones in my Gallbladder according to previous scans. I read that sometimes Gallbladder disease can mimic Gastroparesis and it can also cause intestinal blockages as well. I want a nice batch of chili cheese fries! But no can do until after the surgery. It's going to be an interesting balancing act to get the surgery done, having to stop blood thinners and also being put on a BIPAP machine because of sleep apnea. Hopefully I will not have any issues. The worse case scenario is a blood clot in the lungs again. Hopefully all will be well. I sure as heck don't want another level 9 pain flare up. I hope the rest of you are doing well. 

Oh blizzard I am so sorry! I am so glad that bad gallbladder has it’s hours counted :) Those chili cheese fries sound yummy! In the meantime I will accompany you with more modest eating. I am still afraid to eat.

You sound like a very brave and strong person that has been through a lot with dysautonomia... Thank you for your example.

I will be praying for you.

13 hours ago, Caty said:

Oh blizzard I am so sorry! I am so glad that bad gallbladder has it’s hours counted :) Those chili cheese fries sound yummy! In the meantime I will accompany you with more modest eating. I am still afraid to eat.

You sound like a very brave and strong person that has been through a lot with dysautonomia... Thank you for your example.

I will be praying for you.

Thanks for the support Caty. I'm keeping my fingers crosses that there is no Gastroparesis. Maybe all my digestive issues will be solved when the gallbladder is gone. 

Having no gallbladder can cause it's own set of issues. I have know 4 people without their gallbladder. 2 eat just fine, the other 2 still have some issues depending what they eat. But it is relatively painless issues. 

Good luck on your surgery !! And I agree chili cheese fries sound good (can't have it now because I am doing the Keto Diet). 

8 hours ago, StayAtHomeMom said:

Having no gallbladder can cause it's own set of issues. I have know 4 people without their gallbladder. 2 eat just fine, the other 2 still have some issues depending what they eat. But it is relatively painless issues. 

Good luck on your surgery !! And I agree chili cheese fries sound good (can't have it now because I am doing the Keto Diet). 

I can deal with bowel issues after Gallbladder is gone. I already have had a three month period where all I had was many liquid bowel movements. Three full months straight of it 2 years ago. I can definitely deal with bowel issues. Just not the pain.