mitral valve prolapse

samuel0404

Hello there, anyone out there have mitral valve prolapse, and if so what are you symptoms?  I have symptoms like bubbling sensations over the heart at times, gurgling over the heart, and other more clear cardiac symptoms.  Was wondering if you have had another symptoms that are not typically described like the ones I mentioned I have above.  Thanks

-Sam

Hi there, 

I have mitral valve prolapse. It's not severe, but I've been told we will need to keep an eye on it.

Also: I have the exact "bubbling" sensation you speak of! It's very odd and hard to describe, but you described it very well I think. Very strange and "gurgling", sometimes, almost a grinding feeling. 

I am not sure what entirely is caused by my MVP, and what is caused by my dysautonomia, but I do know that they often overlap, and that a lot of people with one, have the other. I've also heard MVP itself can be caused by dysautonomia, but I'm not exactly sure. 

Feel free to ask any questions if you have any! 

All the best. 

Scout thanks for your response.  I actually have not had it diagnosed yet, but just learned yesterday there was a connection between the two ( as in dysautonomia and mitral valve prolapse).  Previously I thought the issue was only coronary artery spasms, but I think it is more.  Have you ever had clot like symptoms?  I have twice, think there may be a connection there.  

What have you done to deal with the problem, any medications or treatments that have helped you?

-Sam 

When I was young I would get these electric shock sensations in the chest. I was eventually told it was caused by mitral valve prolapse without regurgitation. It may have been the cause, but I'm not totally sure. I also had weird vision that looked like high contrast and many random loud tinnitus sounds. The shocks and vision went away, but not the random tinnitus.

Fast forward to my early twenties and my health starts to fall apart. I get fatigue and muscle pain all over. ME/CFS. Many other symptoms. I think it started after I tried allergy shots. That may have been it, but I'm not sure. I so it did something to my immune system. I also got really bad respiratory infection after starting.

By mid 30s diagnosed with dysautonomia at a children's heart center and dysautonomia center. They said I may have had dysautonomia my whole life and it was missed. It just got worse.