SIBO worse, Anyone with up to date info?

E246

Hi,

I haven't been on the site for ages but it was once a life-line.

As I have got better from POTs I have got worse from SIBO. I have had two courses of antibiotics but in England you can't get Rifaximin which is the best I understand.

Can anyone help me with up to date information as SIBO is debilitating me. I have bloating, pain, burping, and it sets off POTs episodes. After the first course of antibiotics where I took 2 different types at once and then followed a Fodmap diet I eventually became really well. But it has returned. My original breath tests showed an extreme reaction to gluten and fruit but ok with diary.

The last in-depth post seems to have been a lot of years ago and so hoping there is more information in the community.

Thank you. 

Hi - my husband suffered for years from SIBO. He got better after a prolonged series of Flagyl and Cipro together followed by probiotics and prebiotics. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Pistol,

I am taking a third course of antibiotics (Rifaximin for the first time) and hope this works.

Looking back I think a lot of my POTs symptoms are related to SIBO as well. As this got better so did the POTs. I just had a relapse after flu.

As I understand it SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) creates lots of toxins in the body and I think may have played a big part in my POTs symptoms.

Just wondering if anyone else thinks along the same lines or had similar problems.

Thank