Neuropathy

haugr

It seems as if my POTS attacks from nearly 2 years ago have left me with permanent neuropathy in my feet and a bit in my hands.  I never had neuropathy prior to POTS, but it has not gone away ever since my first major attack even though my other symptoms have been under control for over a year now.  I'm curious if anyone has experienced anything similar.

Can you explain what it feels like?  I've been told I have neuropathy but I was also just told my tilt table test was "normal" and don't have POTS.  I was having issues with my left hand about a month ago --- tingling and my index and thumb would shake a bit --- but took mirtazapine and it's gone.  My neuro said that was neuroapathy but I never had any pain per se in that hand, just the tingling and unsteady index finger.  

Hope you feel better.

Zer0 

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2018 at 12:40 AM, haugr said:

It's hard to describe, but it kind of feels like a cross between a dull burning sensation and that feeling that you get when a limb falls asleep.  The burning and the tingling have swings in intensity too.

@haugrI think I just started having it a few days ago for real: it felt like when you sit on your leg and it falls asleep + burning.  It comes and goes but I expect it to progress at some point.  As I have it seemingly in the oddest places.  Like, I’m pretty sure I had it in my throat yesterday.  And can feel the burning on my anus sometimes.  Even tip of genitals.