kds

Smart Blood Pressure Cuff / Monitor - recommendations

Do any of you have recommendations regarding automated blood pressure cuffs that allow the automatic recording of data?  I had been using an old, wired Withings monitor and importing the data to  iBP, a well designed but now defunct iPhone app.   Nokia has purchased Withings and broken the connection to iBP and also my ability to use my old wired cuff.  I contacted Nokia about issues with their app and the iBP connection in early January.  None of Nokia's app issues have been resolved in the interim, and in February my iPhone 7 & the Nokia app stopped recognizing my cuff as a supported device.  I need a replacement soon, and know that I am much less reliable about tracking data that I have to enter manually.   I do not like the Nokia app's display and limited export features, but it does allow me to enter notes about the circumstances of measurements as I go - i.e tracking medications and supine v. seated v. standing position.  Does any one have experience with iQuardio or Omron automated cuffs and associated apps?  Do these apps allow notes on individual measurements? How easy is it to export & share data with one's doctors?  On-line reviews of all of these cuffs suggest that there are problems with sustained app support, so I'm trying to decide whether to switch brands or gamble on Nokia again because Apple seems to be invested in supporting its devices.   Note:   I have hyperandrenergic autonomic dysfunction, and do not usually have trouble getting readings due to low blood pressure (though lability and arrhythmia are another matter).

Sorry, I am not sure about a blood pressure app, but I love the "Kardia" heart monitor app.  It should work on your smart phone... very easy to use & share with your doctor.  Can interpret the EKG right on the spot.  

Thanks.  I think I'm going to try the Omron 10, despite information sharing concerns.  

I have an Omron 10 upper arm cuff and an Omron 7 wrist BP cuff.   The app is decent, with the biggest benefit being you can download the data to Excel from the website.   As far as the data sharing concerns, I use a separate e-mail account I set up just for this. 

First, the upper-arm cuff:  I use the upper-arm one as much as possible. It does a good job as far as consumer BP cuffs go. The backlit display is nice in the mornings and once it was paired with my phone, transferring data works flawlessly.   My biggest complaint is that it won't read a pulse below 40. If your pulse is below this, it can't even get a BP reading. Likewise, when my BP goes below 88/45, often this unit won't read and I'll have to resort to my ex-hospital Dinamap, which gets it every time, even with an arrythmia. 

Also, the cuff is uncomfortable and always leaves marks on my arm that last for 1-2 hours afterwards.  With my "normal" BP being ~95/50, I can only imagine what kind of marks this thing leaves on people with standard or high blood pressure.  

The wrist cuff is... well...better than nothing.  I use it when I travel and am only taking a carry-on.  It consistently reads ~8 mmhg higher than my real BP and even then it's not always right.  It's dead-silent which is nice, even inflation is absolutely silent, so I can use it anywhere discretely.  

I use a omron without any problem. Mind you, however, i record my data manually in a spreadsheet because of privacy concerns.