Severe bloating

AmyK

Hello!

Has anyone experienced nausea, belching and bloating with birth control  and found relief? I feel so much better (with some of my other dusautonomia symptoms on the pill) and would hate to stop it.  But, the bloating, nausea, and digestive issues may do me in.  I've done ginger root. I need zofran at times but really don't want to take meds.  TIA!!

Hi Amyk

I get the whole bloating stuff, discomfort etc. I found cutting down on carbs and big meals helps no end. I also drink lots of fluids. I also re-jigged my diet and am no dairy, gluten, processed foods or sugars. I am vegan anyway but eating well. A lot of people with dysautonomia get bloating, gastroparesis and IBS. Nausea is a tough one and I get it every morning and it seems to improve when I have eaten a bit. I think I have the histamine/mast cell issues and that means a lot of food trigger problems. I have found Yasmina Ykelenstam and her website and Facebook page helps with the diet and eating well to keep well. 

I don't know if any of this helps, but it might be worth cutting out the carbs to begin with such as bread, pasta, potatoes etc. Good luck! 

What about a different variety of bc pill.  I know that some contain more of one hormone than the other and maybe a variation would help alleviate that.  My daughters are so much better on bc, too!  What a world of difference!  One gets the depo provera shot because she gets bad migraines and can't have the estrogen, the other one takes Microgestin.  Every month was just miserable before.  I hope you find something that helps and doesn't upset your tummy!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for these replies. I have been experimenting with digestive enzymes and have HCL with pepsin on the way via amazon.  Yes the carb amount was not helping the issue. I love carbs but worth it to feel better and has the added benefit of slimming down! I take the old school combination bcp.  The  nausea is subsiding a bit as well. I think my digestive issues stem from my Hashimotos hypothyroidism ( which is controlled well via meds.) Common for us to have gut issues.  Thanks again.