Sinus Node Modification....who’s tried it?

Recently I’ve been offered to have an EP study done along with a sinus node ablation if they can find the issue during the EP study. I have POTS but I also have inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia and Bradycardia as well. Has anyone else been given this option? Did it work for you if you went through with having the procedure done? Any side effects? 

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't had this done - but nearly did. 

I had an EP study and they commented on how they could attempt it - but that it was high risk and that needing a pacemaker when having POTS can make things a lot, lot worse. 

Similar to you, I have IST (and SVT), and also have low heart rate at times. So, it certainly is a tricky thing... 

• 1 year later...

Hi Anamaria,

Wonder if you went ahead with the Sinus node ablation as my 15yr old daughters cardiologists has offered this procedure for her

Like you she is in bradycardia at times as she has 1st and 2nd Degree heart block but also has hEDS and POTS so has inappropriate sinus tachycardia aswell.  It is the inappropriate sinus tachycardia that causes all her problems, painful palpitations dizziness lightheadedness.

Look forward to hearing from you.