hyperPOTS: is it genetic?

Pistol

Hi - I have hyperadrenergic POTS x 8 years. My mother ( in her 80's ) had the same symptoms but was never diagnosed. They did not know about it then. Recently my 2 sisters were also diagnosed with it. None of them have it as severe as I have it but nonetheless have many troubling symptoms and need meds to treat them. I have a teenage daughter who has had several episodes of pre-syncope in her life already. I am worried that she may have it, too. Do any of you have kids with the condition and what were the first signals of it that caused reason to you to be alarmed??? Thank you in advance for any response.

There can be.  One of the known causes of hyper pots is a genetic abnormality with the norepinephrine transporter, although I think it has only been officially diagnosed in a couple of people.  

While there isnt much evidence that I am aware of to support that other known causes are genetic, I happen to think that there could be a genetic component at play because my siblings show symptoms of having the same raas dysfunction that I have been diagnosed with that causes my hyper pots.