Rushes that aren't going away ...anyone?

dysygirl

I sometimes get what I call a rush.  I get a weird sensation that comes over my whole body and it is followed by a disoriented feeling.  It happened today on my way to pick up my son from school.  When I got out tof the car parents were talking to me and it was hard to focus on what they were saying and hard to respond. I could speak in full sentences but felt very off and had a hard time processing.  Afterward I got diarrhea and felt very fatigued.  These have happened to me before. I have been diagnosed with Pots and Ehlers.  The neurologist suspected seizures and did and MRI and EEG.  The EEG did not show a seizure but I know they won't pick them up unless you are actively having a seizure.  The rushes have been continuing tonight which is not usual for me.  I am hoping they are just from being anxious but I don't know. I hate to go to the ER because they will just tell me it's anxiety and send me home. Plus I don't know what tests they would even do to diagnose this other than and ekg.  Has anyone experienced anything like this.  I just want to feel normal and these awful symptoms to go away.

It almost sounds like pre-syncope. I experience sometimes episodes close to what you describe and that's what they explain them as. Do you have a cardiologist? Maybe he would do orthostatic VS or a holter monitor to rule out arrhythmias? 

I frequently get this way before I get diarrhea but I haven’t associated it with low BP or high HR or adrenaline rushes or anything.  I always just thought it was a pre-diarrhea phase and drink oral rehydration salts to replace electrolytes and go to bed early.  My father-in-law used to get the same way before diarrhea when he had congestive heart failure.  I’m sorry I don’t have anything more to contribute.  I do hope that you are feeling better today.