Showering and pots

mandera

This post reminded me of funny story that happened to my Son#2 at college:  It was about 1 am and he was getting ready to take a shower, turned on the hot water and closed the shower curtain so as to warm it up a bit in a cool shower area in January, several college students were in the shower area too!  As he opened the shower to adjust the water temp. the steam hit him in the face as witnessed and the syncope hit him, down he went.  This was observed by several college students and the word got out that the hot water or steam was probably toxic, so no one at the university would take a very hot shower in that dorm, and the word got out very quickly. LOL!   They University had to put out a notice that the hot water was safe!  The not so funny part was when I went to pick him up at the hospital and take him back to college he had no clothes just a towel and it was about 10F outside.  Needless to say I gave him my coat and shoes, he wore the towel around his waist and I walked to the car in my socks!  Good thing is I had a remote starter to warm the car up.  This happened about 8 or 9 years ago!

moral of this story to him was keep your shower water cool!

Some days I just shampoo and use the soap on my hands to wash up and down my body as fast as I can, and get out in a minute or three. It bugs me most when I get home from PT and I am sweaty but don't have the energy even to get undressed, let alone drag myself into the shower. Baby powder only goes so far. When it's bad I sit in the tub and use a plastic cup to dowse myself. I cut my hair to a micro pixie because I can just towel dry without a comb out. I hope you feel better soon.

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter had major surgery about 5 months ago (multiple spinal fusion) and she had to go to a rehab facility before going home.  This place was great!  The occupational therapist came in about 7 a.m. every morning and filled up a small tub with some water and poured bath wash that you don't have to rinse off in the water.  She sat in her bed and was able to wash as much of herself as she could and then the OT or I would help her finish.  It doesn't do her hair, but dry shampoo works well for that.  Even though you aren't in the hospital, it might be easier to grab a tub of water and crawl back in bed, then you can rest and warm up after without having to move.  But, slide the tub aside, you wouldn't want an unwanted bath!!  Hope you can get a handle on your symptoms soon!

I just noticed this the other day.  Not sure if it'll be the same for others, but it's worth a shot. 

I was feeling dizzy in the shower the other day and rested my elbow against the wall and kept it there for the rest of the shower.  While doing this didn't making the dizziness go away, it was a huge benefit to my balance.  Having that physical point of reference for my body helped a lot. 

I use to love a shower in the morning I just cannot do it anymore, I shower at about 8:30pm so my food has somewhat digested from dinner, I have mentally and physically rested a little before and I have a shower chair that I use everytime. Sometimes I just sit there and can’t wash my hair but it feels nice to just have water run over you sometimes. I have learnt to have showers luke warm and at the moment it’s summer time in Australia so I’m ok with that right now