Heartrate slows down before speeding upon standing

orion

So I noticed this weird thing with my heartrate.

When I stand up my heart rate goes above 120 very fast. A few seconds after this it's suddenly slows down to under 90. It stays low for about 10 seconds an after that it goes back to 120 or higher and pretty much stays there as long as I'm standing.

During the 10 seconds that my heart rate is slow I feel a thumping heartbeat and a weird pressure in my neck and head.

Anyone other experiencing something similar? 

Yep, me too Orion. Just this morning, I was watching my heart rate spend 98% of the time in the 120's with the short lived dips down to 110 or 115. But it always went back up. This was while I was standing still.

I also found that if I walked around, my heart rate would drop to high 90's -105 bpm, but if I stood still again, it would climb back to 120-130. I thought that was weird. Anyone else? It sort of makes sense, I suppose. When we walk, our calf muscles contract and blood gets re-distributed. Without that, the blood pools in our lower legs and cause our heart rates to climb?? I've read that our calf muscles are sometimes called our "second heart", due to that very fact that it sends blood back up from our lower legs.