Microscopic Haematuria

m@t

Evening chaps, recently I have found that when my autonomic symptoms are bad if I have my urine dipped it comes back showing that some blood is present although not visible. 

My GP has refered me to urology for further investigation, juat waiting for the appointment to come through.

Has anyone else had similar? I am assuming that it will turn out to be absolutely nothing.

Guest KiminOrlando

My urologists told me he doesn't give interstitial cystitis diagnosis because it is really only doctor talk for, 'I don't know.' I wonder if there is something to this if we all have something. Hmmmmm..... 

Guest KiminOrlando

@toomanyproblems that's interesting. I don't mean to say it isn't real. His opinion was that it was used as a catch all term when he felt like further study would give a more descriptive and useful diagnosis. He said some times it is used by doctors when they don't want to keep looking for a more exact diagnosis. It also is used for conditions that don't yet have a name when further study should be done. He was saying that he believes there is significant involvement with the urinary tract / kidneys and dysautonomia and research studies should be done, but unfortunately are not.

I get recurrent UTIs and have a standing script for antibiotics. I had the scope and, luckily, he didn't see anything abnormal. Your ulcers sound very uncomfortable and I wish there was some kind of study to see if or how it fits in with dysautonomia. I guess my sentiment was that labelling it as interstitial cystitis with everybody else keeps it from being seen as a separate and very real symptom of dysautonomia. 

But that is just one doctor's opinion. I don't know what he based that opinion on or how or why he came to it. He could very well be wrong.

I have had microscopic haematuria for years now.  At one point my ob/gyn got a little concerned and sent me to a urologist to rule out bladder cancer. I had all the invasive testing as well as MRIs with contrast dye but everything was negative.  I almost never get bladder infections so we were never able to figure out the cause of this but, interestingly enough, my mother and her mother have always had the same issue of blood in the urine (neither of their doctors could find a cause of it and neither of them developed any complications from it).