Awaiting tests at Vanderbilt - How to manage until then?

dizzyape

I live in Nashville and have my appointment with the Autonomic Clinic in October.  I want to know how you manage your dizziness and dreamlike sensation (or rush, as I call it.) I have found these symptoms to be debilitating and so frequent I am scared to go out.  I am surprising my husband with a trip to Vegas next month for his birthday and I'm terrified that I will be feeling awful the whole time and end up in the ER. Please any advice on how to manage symptoms is greatly appreciated!

Hi dizzyape!  I have family that lives in Nashville, too!  Wow, a trip to Vegas!  Sounds like an adventure!  I would definitely make sure that you drink a lot.  Do you like SmartWater?  My daughter drinks 2 liters of that a day and about another liter and some of just plain water, tea, vitaminwater, etc.  Also, salt, salt, salt, salt!  Did I mention salt!?  (Thermotabs salt tablets).   I would work up to the water, though.  Drinking that quantity from the get-go will most likely make your kidneys mad.  Compression socks, stockings, sleeves, however you can tolerate them.  Find spots to put your feet up or all the blood will sink to your feet and you'll start passing out.  If you have vertigo, I would bring some meclizine (OTC at Costco) with you.  Don't forget your meds when you go on your trip.  Good luck!