Thank you EVERYONE for all your support

Hello everyone,

I just felt like telling you all how much I value your input and support, and how much I appreciate being able to come here and chat with people who can actually empathise.

It's so good to know I'm not alone in a POTShole. And the way you all support me when things are fabulous (like when I graduated/ got into Oxford etc etc) and similarly when they're not-(look at the way my grandfather reacted to Florinef!)--it all means so much.

You are all awesome. Thank you for making me welcome here and for giving me my life back- without you guys I never would have gotten to Prof Mathias and been diagnosed.

I love coming here and speaking with everyone- I really feel part of this community and it brightens my day to chat with you all :)

Love

P x

p -

i feel like i could say "me too" to your post. i think you articulated what so many of us on here feel about the forum & others. the power of support & understanding - whether direct feedback or just reading things that make one realize that there are others out there that "get it" - is so incredible.

just curious (and possibly i've missed this in earlier posts...sorry!), what specifically are you studying at oxford come fall/autumn? hope you're having better days again...i still smile thinking about your graduation post!

:-)melissa

hiya :)

I'll be doing Medieval English. This is the course: http://www.english.ox.ac.uk/graduate/MSTstrands/650-1550.htm

My special options are hopefully going to be Older Scots (Ox has really awesome manuscripts) and some Old English (Anglo Saxon) Religious poetry.

Should be pretty funky! In the process of doing my reading now for October. Lots to get through! :P

very very cool:-) i looked at the link you posted & while i've never studied anything of the sort specifically i had a history prof in college who had spent time at oxford (& a lot of other locales) studying ancient texts and he would slip in bits & pieces of things here & there that i always found incredibly interesting. i think the religious poetry sounds particularly interesting...i'll definitely be routing for you!

:-)melissa

Persephone,

I think I missed something while I was at the hospital - did some financing come through for Oxford? Or are you just pushing forward trusting that it would. If was independently wealthy, you would be getting a check form the US for your Oxford studies!!! I am so excited for you and the topic of medieval literature sounds so intriguing! I'd love for you to occaisionally post about your studies and what your are learning etc. I think it's a real boost for all of us to hear about these kinds of accomplishments when we all understand what you also struggle with. It motivates me to keep trying myself!

~Roselover