how to find a dentist that understands all this

gertie

I have multiple chemical sensitivy & doc thinks mast cell disorder.  I also have seizures which keeps me from taking the meds I need for MCD such as antihistamines.  I find it impossible to find a dentist that understands  this.  They kind of get dysautonomia or the POTS definition of it.  They always want to use chemicals on my teeth to clean & whiten.  I try to tell them I can't tolerate chemicals but I feel they don't believe me or listen.  I'm in my 70's & the stress of all this is taking a toll on my nerves.  I do need 2 or 3 crowns but I don't know how I can get through it, but I know I have to.   The best dentist I've found  is 3 hr drive round trip.  Sorry to whine but it's just getting to be too much.   Have any of you had good luck in finding a dentist that you trust?

Also, as an aside, there is quite a list of treatments for MCAS aside from antihistamines. They aren't as effective as antihistamines, and are usually used as add ons to antihistamines , but are you aware of them? They might give you some relief if they are things that your doc approves and verifies they won't interfere with your seizures. 

Edited by Katybug